High blood pressure or hypertension is a chronic disease that is quite common among adults. It occurs when the flow of blood exerts too much pressure on the arterial walls consistently. It progresses gradually and affects the function of organs. One cannot easily tell whether their blood pressure is high. Mostly such individuals even when they are suffering from severe hypertension may remain asymptomatic. However, if high blood pressure is suspected, then one can try to bring it down within a few minutes with the help of some techniques, read on to explore them.
Ways to Cure Your Blood Pressure in 3 Minutes
1. Try Breathing Techniques
Breathing exercises can help you to lower your blood pressure as it helps you to relieve the tensions of the past and worries of the future and stay in the now i.e., the present moment. Focusing on your breath can help you instantly reduce your blood pressure and bring it within the normal range. Various breathing techniques can be used for this purpose, they are given below:
- Deep breathing – It can have a profound effect as it calms your mind and body within a few seconds. It reduces your blood pressure and provides instant relief within minutes. You can begin this exercise by simply focusing on your breathing. You may choose to lie down or sit in a comfortable position.
Start by inhaling slowly through your nose and taking a deep breath. Hold it on for a few seconds and then exhale it slowly through the nose or mouth. Your mind may keep producing distracting thoughts but keep your attention intact on your breathing and observe your bodily sensations such as abdominal movements as you inhale and exhale. If you get lost in a train of thoughts, pause, become aware, and bring your attention back to breathing. Repeat it as needed.
- 4-7-8 breathing technique – This method of breathing can be performed at any time and anywhere. All you need to do is inhale slowly through your nose by counting to four, now hold your breath to the count of seven, and release the breath while counting to 8. These counts will help you avoid many distracting thoughts your mind may produce, as your focus remains on your breathing and counting. Repeat this process.
This 4-7-8 pattern of exercising can provide many health benefits such as improved memory and concentration power, better sleep, reduced stress, and anxiety, and lowered blood pressure.
- Equal Breathing – This technique involves focusing on consistent breathing. It helps to clear the mental clutter and balances your mind and body. It can be performed anytime and anywhere. You can sit in crossed legged position or it can also be performed by sitting on a chair. Just become aware of your breathwork. Start by inhaling through your nose till the count of four, now pause and hold your breath for four counts, then exhale it out to the count of four. Repeat this exercise and continue doing it for around five to ten minutes.
2. Take a Warm Bath or Shower
A warm bath can help you to reduce your blood pressure within a few minutes. It helps to release muscular tensions by eliminating the stiffness in the body and increases relaxation. Warm or hot water increases blood circulation and helps you to overcome anxiety and stress which ultimately lowers your blood pressure. It can also be beneficial for individuals diagnosed with heart disease.
3. Manage Stress
Learning to manage stress is a lifesaver, especially during these competitive times, we are living in. Stress is a difficult emotion that can easily evoke high blood pressure which is why it needs to be managed well. Feeling stressed for prolonged periods can manifest into anxiety which again adds up to the emotional discomfort. There are many ways to overcome stress; putting on some feel-good music, playing instruments, reading a good old book, dancing, meditating, etc. can bring down stress levels and elevate your mood.
4. Drink Some Water
Water can help you to lower your blood pressure as it helps you to balance the electrolytes in your body that are necessary for your heart’s optimal function. Hydration is necessary for healthy vascular function, which is why you need to drink more water. Also, adequate hydration will allow oxygen to reach your muscles thereby improving their work efficiency.
Who are at the Risk of Having High Blood Pressure?
Any individual can suffer from high blood pressure. Some factors can potentiate the risk of having high blood pressure, may include:
- Age – As adults approach old age, they may start experiencing blood pressure problems due to stiffening of the arteries. This makes the arteries narrow and increases the flow of blood through them which exerts too much pressure on their walls. Many adults continue to live their life without even realizing that they are having high blood pressure. It gives to other health conditions such as heart damage and kidney problems, etc.
- Gender – According to research, men in their 60s are at higher risk of developing high blood pressure than women. Women in their menopause may have a high possibility of having high blood pressure.
- Family history – Hypertension can be a genetic disorder that runs in families. Those with these heredity problems are at a higher risk of blood pressure disorders. Along with heredity, its likelihood increases even more as the families share the same environment, habits, and unhealthy lifestyle choices.
- Kidney disease – Kidney dysfunction can increase blood pressure by releasing certain hormones or retaining salt or water in your body. High blood pressure is one of the primary causes of kidney failure.
Moreover, high blood pressure causes damage to the linings of the blood vessels known as the endothelium. Excessive pressure injures the endothelial cells and leads to the hardening and stiffening of the blood vessels, which blocks the flow of blood to various body parts. Also, such blockages in the blood vessels can affect sexual function. In men, a lack of blood flow to the reproductive organs can lead to erectile dysfunction (ED). Vidalista 20 is a medicine that has sildenafil citrate as an active component that helps to treat ED in men.
Implementing deep breathing and meditative exercise can help you bring your blood pressure into the normal range. The best thing about meditation is that it can be performed anywhere and everywhere. In
addition, warm baths and leisure activities that reduce stress can be performed at home, which are excellent home remedies for hypertension.
Visit Our Site: medmaxim.com